Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Yellow light :)

“It's hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere.”
Author unknown

PT has given the yellow light...I can run/walk progressively more each day and I'm a little disappointed very excited! Today I did 5 x 1min run/1min walk and it went very well. According to the PT, my form and cadence are good and my knees were lined up...YAY! She's given the okay for me to run 6 days this week adding one minute each day. My next appointment is next Tuesday and by then I should be up to 10 minutes. We will see how I'm doing by then and decide if I can progress a little faster. I can't wait to officially start my marathon program, but I do want to make sure I'm all good before I start adding up the miles.

I'm biking more to mantain my cardio and adding a little extra to my physio workout. When I really start my marathon program, hopefully in a week or two at the very latest, I will be ready and so will my body.
I need to get started accumulating the miles soon...

...more and more miles

This weekend is the Hypothermic Half-Marathon...Uber-H, Super SIL and my niece O, will be running. I'll be taking pictures and yelling out encouragement!

Cheers!

26 comments:

Kate said...

Yea for yellow! It sure beats green. I'm happy for you and hope things continue in the right direction. :)

Marlene said...

Yellow light - I like that! Good to see you running again!! I hope everything goes well so you can get back into training mode soon.

Have fun cheering at the Hypo and good luck runners!

Jamoosh said...

Yellow Light = Progress. Nice and easy and you will be going strong in no time.

Kovas said...

Good for progress in the right direction!

Kelly said...

Great to get the yellow light... much better than red! Have fun cheering this weekend, hopefully temperatures aren't too chilly!

Teamarcia said...

All systems almost go with that yellow light! Here's to a green light very soon.

Heather said...

That's good news, progress in the right direction. :)

Evolving Through Running said...

Yellow is good! Mix in some blue and let's make it green. Hope the healing continues.

Jennifer said...

Excellent news! Cheers!

kilax said...

Yay! Progress is good!

Ron, running the wrong way. said...

Great news and so true that you want to be sure before you start amping up for your marathon. Congrats on the yellow light!!

Caroline said...

bonne nouvelle Anne! lentement mais surement!!

ajh said...

Have fun cheerleading. You'll be great!
Where is that first picture of you running taken? I love it!
And adding a minute a day - whew that is being patient and careful in a big way. Good luck with that!

Char said...

That's so exciting. You're on your way back!

Claire said...

Je souhaite tellement que tout se déroule bien pour que tu puisses y aller à fond pour ton entraînement marathon!!!! Samedi, tu auras des fourmis dans les orteils à voir les autres courir!!!!! Bonne chance!!!

Pat said...

Yay for you! It's great that you can proceed with caution and work your way up to full force. Have fun in the cheering section this weekend.

Alexandra said...

Glad to hear you got the "proceed with caution" go-ahead! Obey the yellow and green will be all yours! Have a great week training and have fun cheering on the weekend!

Johann said...

A yellow light is much better than a red light. If you increase mileage so slowly all should be fine.

Laura said...

Take it 'easy' so yellow moves to green!!

Beth said...

I love how you crossed out the negative thought and replaced it with a positive one. I think being positive takes a concious effort and after a while the positiveness sinks in. I hope your ramp up goes well and you will back to your normal schedule soon!

Molly said...

yay for running! : )

Giorgio said...

What a beautiful path to run through those green fields!

Great to hear that everything goes well :) I hope things continue in the right direction.
I look forward to following your marathon program!

Have a nice weekend, Anne!

Black Knight said...

Good news! I am very happy for you.
The cross training is a good choice so you don't lose your training.
Beautiful places to run, nice pictures.
Good luck on your marathon program.

Irene said...

I have so much catching up to do! I've missed out on so much.

I hope your brother will be OK!

That's great news on the "yellow light." It's something, right? You'll build back up, soon!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Wifey said...

Glad you're making progress! Smiles! Oh, I read one of the posts about your brother - he's AMAZING. Thanks for sharing.

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

Emz said...

The races by you have the best names!!

Hypothermic Half-Marathon?! Hilarious.

YAY for yellow light ---- I feel a green light right around the corner!