Friday, January 15, 2010

Beautiful blogger award and stretching!

"How quickly we forget" :)

I was in a rush when I went running on Wednesday and although I thought I'd learned my lesson, I barely stretched before heading out the door and I DIDN'T stretch when I got back. I was late and had to rush and justified it with the fact that it was a short 3K run...but I mean, really, smarten up girl!! Thank goodness I feel no pain and all is good, but when oh when will I know better. From now on I hope...

7K run today with uber hubby...weather was mild (slightly above freezing) and the roads were relatively better, though we had to run around puddles.

I DID stretch both before and after today's run...partly because I was feeling some pain in my thigh after the run. The pain didn't linger though. My lungs are still a bit congested and I have a light cough today, so it was tough. I was tiring faster and I had to walk sometimes (not too much).

This wasn't a very structured week, lots of restaurants, later nights and some beautiful, but emotional moments...which seems to have impacted my health. So, deep breath and let's get back on track...

Cheers!

11 comments:

Teamarcia said...

What a great list! I too was a skater and still teach skating lessons from time to time!
How very cool you lived in Switzerland!
Thank you so much my dear for the esteemed award! I will get busy on my list!

Miglena said...

thanks for the award! It makes me feel special :) xx

Miglena said...

PS: I am sure you've researched a lot of training programs but... the new trend is to NOT run more than 3-4 times per week when training for a marathon... as you said in an earlier blog, the greatest gains are when you give your body a mandatory rest :)... i hope your lungs get better and that you can continue to stay off Prednisone!

Tricia said...

Congrats on your award!

Alicia said...

Wow! What an interesting life you live! I loved reading your list. It's so fun to learn new things about you.

Hope your having a spectacular weekend!

Lily on the Road said...

WOW,

Thanks for sharing all of (well some of) your life in your list...awesome to get to know one another!

thanks too for the "gift" of an award...I'm not sure if I deserve it, but I will put some great thought into it and post.

Thanks again!

Anne said...

I've worked with the Inuit too, when I lived in Alaska. Wonderful culture and people. Now about breastfeeding a 3-year-old....:-)

Anne said...

Typo :)
I know Anne...she's 20 now and loves telling people this about herself...she enjoys the shock factor :)

Denise said...

I love that my fiesty comment earned you as a follower!! :-)

Crazy about the asthma but how incredible that you are running right through it!! I know so many people who say they can't run because of asthma...but I guess some of them could if they really wanted to.

Melissa said...

I can tell already that I am going to love your blog!
Thanks so much for #3. My son was bottlefed (not what I had planned), and my daughter was breastfed until around 21 months. She's the freest most independent child I've ever been around, but I still worried about it. Thanks for stetting my mind at ease. :)

Amy said...

How interesting! I also breastfed my three boys all til the age of 12 months (short compared to your kids but long by Belgian standards!) - they have always been really healthy and I think it gave them a good start. Too bad so many people give up too soon, before it gets really easy and super convenient.